One of the most well-liked wireless model lines, Netgear Nighthawk, offers a fast, reliable dual-band wifi connection, ideal for online gaming and video streaming. Netgear’s Nighthawk AC series includes various dual-band and tri-band wireless routers, including the AC750Mbps, AC1200, AC1750, and Nighthawk AC1900. Although this user guide is written for a specific model of Netgear’s Nighthawk AC2100 dual-band router, the process for logging in and configuring any Nighthawk router is essentially the same.
The Nighthawk mobile apps and a computer/laptop connected via a wired or wireless connection can be used to set up the router. Using the Nighthawk mobile apps and the router’s quick setup wizard, logging in to your Netgear ac2100 router setup is easy and fast. Whether setting up a router for the first time or the hundredth time, you should always follow the manufacturer’s instructions and change any default settings (such as the network name and password) to ensure a safe and secure connection. You’ll need to follow the setup instructions the first time you set up your Netgear Nighthawk R7200 AC2100 broadband wireless router.
Connect to your Netgear Nighthawk AC2100 Dual-Band Router
Get the router’s default login IP address, username, and password (typically printed on the router sticker), then proceed to the login steps.
- Locate the Nighthawk router’s model number, user name, password, and login URL printed on the sticker.
- The default IP address for the Netgear nighthawk ac2100 setup is 192.168.1.1.
- RouterLogin.net is the login page.
- Admin is the default login name.
- Create a new password for your account the first time you log in.
Learn Where to Look for the IP Address of Your Netgear Router
AC2100 Wireless or Hardwired Connection
If you already have a cable or ADSL modem installed, you can convert your wired internet into high-speed wireless internet by adding a Netgear Nighthawk AC2100 wifi router, a broadband router that does not support DSL or coaxial connection. The following is a connection diagram for a Nighthawk dual-band router.
- Connect the WAN port on the Nighthawk router to your cable modem, DSL modem, or ISP’s network.
- Use the Nighthawk SSID and PAssword printed on the sticker to establish a wireless connection from a computer or laptop or connect via the wired Ethernet port on the AC2100.
- If you want to use a DHCP IP address from your Netgear router, you must change your operating system’s IP settings to DHCP.
- Also, if your computer or mobile device supports WPS, you can use the WPS button to connect them.
- After connecting to the router, the next step is to enter the router’s IP address or URL into a web browser.
- Connect your Nighthawk AC2100 Dual-Band Router to your computer and open a web browser.
- Firefox, Chrome, or Internet Explorer users can go to http://192.168.1.1 or http://routerlogin.com in their browser to access the login page.
- If logging into a router for the first time, you should set up a password of your choosing; if the router has a password already, use that password.
Enter admin as the username and your original password to log in. To change to a language spoken in your country, click the flag in the upper right corner.
The NETGEAR Nighthawk AC2100 Smart Wireless Router
After establishing a connection to the internet, you must first configure the Nighthawk wireless router’s WAN port to use a DHCP, Static, or PPPoE internet connection.
- Fixing the Orange Light on Your Cox Panoramic Modem
- Establish Web Connection Preferences
- To configure your internet connection, select “Setup.”
- Setting up the Nightwahk AC2100 wifi router is a breeze thanks to the included Netgear nighthawk ac2100 setup wizard, even if you have no prior experience with networking or computers. Manually configuring each aspect of your network’s connection to the internet, wifi, LAN, etc., is the alternative.
- Typically, an ISP will use one of three internet connections.
- If your ISP has provided you with a username and password for PPPoE, you can connect to the internet by selecting the “does your internet connection require login?” option and the “Yes” option.
- Use the Static IP option and provide the information for your IP address, gateway, and DNS if your internet service supports it.
- This option needs nothing to be done if you have a dynamic internet-type router, as it will automatically obtain its IP address information from the DHCP server.
- After making the necessary changes and clicking “Save,” the router’s internet indicator light should glow.
- Set up your wireless network credentials after you’ve established an internet connection.
In addition to the standard nighthawk router configuration, you can add an extra layer of security by enabling a Mac access list or a Guest WIFI network. Parental controls and content filters can be Setup Netgear Nighthawk AC2100 to restrict access to inappropriate websites.
You can also configure your router’s port forwarding and quality of service (QoS) settings to prioritize which devices receive internet access. Lastly, don’t forget to download a backup of your router’s configuration when you’re done.